Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Note

This will definitely be a happy blog (at least most of the time), but before starting on the happy stuff, I wanted to address a thought that's been swimming around in my head for several weeks.

My life has been seriously out of balance the past few years, and I desperately want this to change. Too much to do, too much stuff, just too much of everything seems to be getting in the way of whatever it is I need to do to bring things back into balance. I need to live a simpler life right now, one that is a little more of a blank canvas in terms of environment, food, exercise, commitments, etc. I know that none of this will happen overnight, but I want to start guiding things in the right direction. The first thing I need to do is to create a more quiet environment, particularly visually.

As a start, I asked my husband T. to help me tackle the "Psychotic Closet of Doom and Destruction" in our shared office - you know, the kind of closet where everything falls on your head should you try to open it even a smidge. Don't know what I'm talking about? You're a far better - and more clever - person than I, and I applaud you! Really!

We attacked the closet at a completely stupid time, a random afternoon when we were both dead-tired and T. had a work deadline the next day. Clearing out the closet took much longer than we thought, but the task also wasn't nearly as bad as the dread that had been leading up to it for almost a year and a half - sad, I know. Now the rest of the house is in shambles, but at least the process of fixing things has begun.

I share this not to be a downer but in the hopes of enthusiastically shouting "Solidarity!" to anyone else tired of having things be harder than they have to be (i.e., getting hit on the head so much by your own falling stuff).

No comments:

Post a Comment